Participation in the ‘McDonald’s® Malaysia Ayam Goreng McDTM #MOSTAWESOMEBITE Challenge’ (“the Contest”) constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Gerbang Alaf Restaurants Sdn Bhd (65351-M) (formerly known as Golden Arches Restaurants Sdn Bhd) Licensee of McDonald’s (“McDonald’s® Malaysia”) reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- The Contest is open to all Malaysian citizens residing in Malaysia age 18 years old and above. Participants below the age of 18 years old are required to seek parental or guardian consent.
- The Contest will run for 28 days, starting from 20 March 2017, 11:00:00 to 23 April 2017, 23:59:59 following (UTC+08:00) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia time zone (“Contest Period”).
- Entries received outside the Contest Period are invalid and will not be entertained.
- Employees of McDonald’s® Malaysia, their immediate families, affiliates, subsidiaries, related agencies and suppliers and/or persons living in the same household are ineligible to join the Contest.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- To participate in the Contest, participants must:
Order a box of Ayam Goreng McDTM
Capture your most awesome bites of our crispy Ayam Goreng McDTM in a short video (60 seconds max). This video needs to capture your expressions and crispy sound of you enjoying the Ayam Goreng McDTM without talking and we must see the Ayam Goreng McDTM box in your video.
Upload your video on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtags #mostawesomebite #ayamgorengmcd. Make sure your video is “Public” so we can view it.
Complete your submission by registering on www.mcdonalds.com.my/mostawesomebite.
- Participants are allowed to submit as many entries as they like. Each Participant will only win ONCE throughout the Contest Period.
- Incomplete registrations/entries will be disqualified from the Contest.
- Top 10 #MostAwesomeBite videos win a RM500 McDonald’s Voucher each.
- First 1,000 participants with their #MostAwesomeBite videos entries will win 2-pcs Ayam Goreng McDTM (comes in the form of RM15 McDonald’s Voucher) each.
- The winners’ announcement will be made on the McDonald’s® Malaysia Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/My.McDonalds) and McDonald’s website www.mcdonalds.com.my/mostawesomebite.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash, in part or in full. McDonald’s® Malaysia reserves the right to substitute the prize with that of a similar value at any time.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia will not be responsible for any loss or damages during prize delivery.
- In determining whether an Entry is a valid Entry, McDonald’s® Malaysia’s decision shall be final and conclusive. McDonald’s® Malaysia will take into account all factors deemed relevant by McDonald’s® Malaysia which may include but not limited to the following criteria:-
- The Entry needs to be original and not a material duplication, copy or reproduction of other entries;
- The Entry is not offensive, illegal or insensitive to any segment to the society, etc.
Use of Personal Data
- All personal data provided by the Participant via online registration to McDonald’s® Malaysia for the purpose of this Contest, shall be deemed to have been given with consent by the Participant. McDonald’s® Malaysia may disclose or share your personal data, gathered from such information provided by Participants vide this website, to our business partner and associates. McDonald’s® Malaysia makes it a priority to keep secure the personal data of individuals and the said personal data will be processed in relation to their participation in this Contest. Please visit http://www.mcdonalds.com.my/site/privacy-policy-en to review and read the McDonald’s® Malaysia Privacy and PDP Policy. Participants acknowledge that they have read and accepted the McDonald’s® Malaysia Privacy and PDP Policy.
- The Participants grant McDonald’s® Malaysia the right to use any photos and/or other material received during the Contest (including the Participants’ name, email addresses, contact numbers, photos, etc.) for advertising, marketing and communication purposes without compensation to the Participant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia reserves the right to reject any entries that are incorrect, incomplete, suspicious or invalid. The Participant agrees not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Contest and/or prevent others from entering the Contest.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:-
- disruption, network congestion, malicious virus attacks, unauthorized data hacking, data corruption and server hardware failure or otherwise; any technical errors, whether due to inaccessibility of internet network
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet, server or computer malfunctions, failures, interruptions, miscommunications or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electrical, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online;
- late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible communication including but not limited to e-mails;
- failed, incomplete, lost, garbled, jumbled, interrupted, unavailable or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the McDonald’s® Malaysia that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the gift, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Contest; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold McDonald’s® Malaysia and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- McDonald’s® Malaysia and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies make no warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use or enjoyment of the Prize, including, without limitation, their quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Winners will be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreement, from McDonald’s® Malaysia. By participating in the Contest, winners agree to grant McDonald’s® Malaysia and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies the use of data collected through the Contest website, likeness, biographical data and statements for purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, trade, or promotion, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, unless prohibited by law. If the winners cannot be contacted and/or the registration is ineligible and/or fails to claim a Prize and/or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Refusal or return of the winners’ notification as undelivered will also result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Appeals to check the status of entries will not be entertained.